Police names driver of van in Barcelona attack
The man associated with killing 13 individuals and harming 120 others when he furrowed his van into hordes of individuals in Barcelona on Thursday has been recognized by Catalan experts as Younes Abouyaaqoub. Abouyaaqoub, who is still free was the main driver of the van, as per Catalan Interior Minister Joaquim Form.
Police have been chasing for Abouyaaqoub, a 22-year-old Moroccan national, since the assault yet had not affirmed him as the driver of the van that hit hordes of individuals on Las Ramblas in Barcelona in the early night on Thursday.
Addressing nearby radio Monday, Form said all the proof indicated Abouyaaqoub being the driver and that security administrations were working with different offices around Europe to discover him. Police completed more assaults overnight at homes in the town of Ripoll, where a large number of the suspects in the assault lived, Forn stated, as indicated by Reuters. On Sunday, Catalonia Police Chief Josep Luis Trapero told columnists that he couldn’t affirm whether Abouyaaqoub had officially crossed the French border.
“In the event that we realized that he was in Spain and where, we would follow him,” Trapero said Sunday. “We don’t know where he is.”
Abouyaaqoub is one of 12 fear presumes connected to the Barcelona assault who did not have past records or knowledge documents identified with psychological warfare, as per Trapero.
On Saturday, Spanish Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoida said that the fear cell accepted to be in charge of the assault on Las Ramblas and Cambrils, which left one dead and six harmed, had been “totally disassembled.”
Three of the five suspects slaughtered by police in Cambrils were distinguished by a Catalan police representative as Moussa Oukabir, Said Aallaa and Mohamed Hychami. Eight of the 12 lived in Ripoll, a city north of Barcelona. Three were captured, and one was Oukabir – one of the dead suspects. Another capture was made in the town of Alcanar.